The No.1 easy to use, safe, high performance cleaner for wet weather clothing and equipment.
Cleans effectively, reviving breathability and water repellency.
How Nikwax Tech Wash® maintains your gear:
Nikwax Tech Wash® is the market leader; it has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof fabrics. Nikwax Tech Wash® is a highly effective cleaner. Additionally it will revitalize existing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and revive breathability. It is the safe way to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment. Application in a washing machine is quick, easy, and ensures that the whole garment is thoroughly cleaned.
- Removes dirt and detergent residue leaving water-repellency intact
- Non-detergent and bio-degradable
- Improves the perfomance of any fabric, fleece or syntetic insulation
- Use as pre-wash for Nikwax treatments for best results
- Can be applied directly to remove grease spots and stains
- Ideal for protecting the water-repellency on new garments
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing mashine or by hand
Safe to use:
Nikwax takes great care to minimize the effect of Nikwax products on the environment and on you, the consumer. Nikwax avoids materials in its cleaners like palm oil, which may be sourced for unsustainable plantations. Nikwax Tech Wash® is environmentally friendly; it is non-hazardous, WaterBased and biodegradable
Use in a washing mashine:
Use undiluted Tech Wash® and a sponge, or soft nylon brush, to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
1. Place maximum 6 garments in washing machine.
2. After the machine has filled, 5floz/150ml for 1-3 garments, 8floz/250ml for 4-6 garments. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
3. Set cycle to Heavy and Warm. 1-3 items: low water level, 4-6 items: medium water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
1. Remove all detergent from detergent dispenser.
2. Place maximum of 2 garments in washing machine.
3. Add 3floz/100ml of Tech Wash®. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
4. Set cycle to Synthetics and Warm (30oC).
Clean with the right product:
Conventional laundry detergents leave behind a water attractive (hydrophilic) residue which masks the Durable Water Repellency (DWR), causing fabrics to absorb water and ‘wet out’ in damp or wet conditions. Therefore, they need to be avoided when cleaning waterproof clothing and equipment.
Products that claim to clean and waterproof at the same time are generally not very effective cleaners and may seal in dirt.
Use Nikwax Tech Wash® to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment safely, revitalize DWR and breathability.
You dont need to re-waterproof every time you clean:
Regular cleaning will enhance the performance of your gear. With regular cleaning, you should be able to clean your gear 5-6 times with Nikwax Tech Wash before it requires re-waterproofing. When Nikwax Tech Wash® alone does not revitalize the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your gear (e.g. water does not bead on the fabric surface) it’s time to re-waterproof using the appropriate Nikwax waterproofer.
- Special Features
- ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCT